ATP Science ZMST
ZMST contains zinc and magnesium as does ZMA but also contains the essential cofactor selenium. The enzymes that use zinc and magnesium and the functional actions enhanced by their supplementation need selenium. If there is a selenium deficiency they cannot function properly and ZMA cannot work as planned. Selenium deficiency is very common and is a cause for a lot of metabolic defects in today’s society.
Zinc, Magnesium, Selenium and Taurine (ZMST) are essential nutrients for individuals. Because of our modern lifestyles, these nutrients are often deficient in the Western Diet and have been depleted from our soils and not found in adequate levels in our foods. The deficiency of these nutrients can lead to a host of disorders that include cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, sleep disorders, mental health problems and even musculoskeletal problems like osteoporosis and muscle aches and pains.
Ingredients per capsule
- Magnesium Citrate (100mg elemental Magnesium)
- Zinc gluconate (2.5mg elemental Zinc)
- Organic Selenium yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae (6.25mcg elemental selenium)
- Taurine 25mg
How many: Take one to three capsules,
How often: one to three times per day.
Your rate absorption is proportional to your body magnesium levels.
- If your body levels are low then absorption is enhanced.
- If your body levels are fine or high then absorption slows down.
- If you take more than you need the magnesium drags water into your intestine and creates loose watery stools or diarrhoea.
If you suspect deficiency you can take up to 3 ZMST capsules 3 times daily. As your levels increase your absorption slows down and you get watery loose stools. If or when this happens reduce your dose to 2 and then 1 capsule 3 times daily.
Long term taking 1 to 3 capsules of ZMST daily will maintain healthy magnesium levels.